The publishing house was created in 2012 by FPMT Spanish Translation Services and the Spanish Community for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition, with the following objectives:
- To make available the Buddhist teachings in Spanish, by publishing books for practice and the materials of the study programs of the FPMT (onsite and online programs)
- To publish specialized and precise translations of the FPMT Spanish Translation Services
- To promote, convey and preserve the Mahayana tradition, mainly in the context of Tibetan Buddhism
- To promote a catalog of Buddhist texts in Spanish
- To promote collaboration with institutions and individuals interested in this project
The Spanish Community for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (Comunidad para la Preservación de la Tradición Mahayana, CPTM) is a non-for-profit organization whose goal is to make available and preserve the Tibetan Buddhist Mahayana tradition, and to facilitate the right conditions for its practice.
The CPTM is affiliated to the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT), created by Lama Thubten Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche. With more than 150 centers all across the world, the FPMT focuses on education and public service, by conveying a message of compassion, wisdom and peace, and by offering a whole educational program to practice Tibetan Buddhism.